As is said yesterday, the clip well adapter is beautifully simple.
Place it into the stock clip well and you’re done.
Here I’ve removed the jam door to better show you how it sits in the blaster.
With a 6-clip.
With an 18-clip
Then pops out using the standard clip release button.
And again, the smaller clips are held in place by this little nub. To release a clip, simply pull down.
OK, enough photos, how does it actually perform? Not as well as I had hoped. I really wanted this to be at least on par with an AR’d Longshot, but it really isn’t. It’s a lot better than the stock Mega firing Centurion in that you’ll be able to use all of your existing darts and clips, but only a metre or two increase in range.
All told, I still think this is a massive step in the right direction towards making the Centurion game relevant, but there’s still quite some work to be done. My next mod on this blaster will be an attempt to improve the stock plunger tube by plugging the slits that run down the side, then I’ll have a go at replacing the spring or maybe even a complete plunger replacement. I like giant blasters and I want it’s performance to match it’s size.
Well this was somewhat of a surprise. Earlier this week I got a message from Pocket of Urban Taggers saying that he had a package from Blaster Parts, their “BCC – Blasterparts-Caliber-Converter for NERF Mega Centurion”. As I’m sure you all know, Pocket isn’t one for modding so I gladly offered to help.
I’m perhaps a little late to the party on this one, but I only picked up my first Speedswarm the other week. Completely forgot about it even existing until I saw it on sale for $10. At that price I figured it was worth it, even if it was only to have a poke around inside.
With that in mind, today we’ll be running through an Air Restrictor (AR) removal.
Today’s post will be a little different to my standard mod shop posts in that this will not be presented as a full walk-through. This is not a mod I’d recommend for first timers and will therefore only show you enough to do the mod if you were already relatively confident in your abilities.
Got it? Good 🙂
Today we’ll be going through an air restrictor (AR) removal on the recently released Nerf Roughcut.
The Nerf Big Bad Bow, or BBB for short, has been released in a number of guises over the years. Back when I first started playing with blasters, I remember hearing tales about modified BBB’s that would shoot standard darts hard enough to leave welts. A giant plunger and massive draw resulted in a lot of power when you put that behind a regular old streamline. This seemed so incredibly cool that I just had to have one; only catch was, they weren’t sold in Australia at the time.
However while searching one day, my then housemate Chris came across an online stockist willing to ship. Huzzah! We instantly bought a couple and waited patiently for our order. Some weeks passed but the blasters never showed. Eventually the stockist offered us a full refund, but what we really wanted of course was the blasters. Jump ahead a few years and I bought a whole collection of blasters from a friend wanting to get out of it, including the red beast you see below.
I have internet! Only took a month and three separate visits from technicians but we got there eventually. I’m sure you all care greatly but writing this from home is significantly more fun.
Cool, now that we’ve got out of the way, lets continue on from where we left off last week. Last week we went through how to remove the air restrictor (AR) in a Nerf Firestrike in a really bodgy manner. This week we’ll do it properly.
Late last year I was gifted the then yet to be released in Australia Nerf Hailfire by the Canberra and Southern NSW Dart Tag group and Hasbro Australia and decided to make a three part review of it. The first was on the performance of the stock blaster, the second on how to modify it, and the third on how it performed in game. We’ve already covered off the first two and given that I don’t yet have an internet connection in the new house as yet and am writing this on my phone, today seemed like the perfect time to post my final reflection piece on the flagship of the new elite line up.
Really quick post this week boys and girls as I’m currently in the process of moving house. Normal services should return shortly after getting settled though as I’ll then have my very own dedicated blaster room! Going to be awesome.
Anyway, another requested post this week. A young bloke by the name of Sam asked me through my Facebook page (which you should all go and Like by the way…) if there was an easy way to mod his Triad so it would fire streamlines. Yes, there is!
Over a year ago I wrote a post about this very mod. However having recently directed a friend through to my original write-up, I found it was a little lacking. Now I’m not often the first to admit that something I’ve done is crap, even if it is, but given how often I’m spruiking the stampede and the Black Tactical kit, I thought it best to have a do-over.
Today we’ll be performing an Air Restrictor (AR) removal, installing the Black Tactical (BT) kit, and upgrading the voltage.
I’m a little late to party on this one but thought it was still worth doing. I actually picked up a pair of Rayvens the day they became available in Australia, a good couple of weeks before they were supposed to be released, but never got around to doing anything with them. With the break over Christmas just gone, I decided to change that. With that in mind, today we’ll be running through a safety removal on the Nerf Rayven. Before others ask I’m not sure if the internals of the Elite Rayven are identical, but the same principles should apply.