Still don’t have internet at home yet (hopefully will by the time you can read this) but that’s what lunch breaks are for at work, right?
This was my first go at the still relatively new Nerf Firestrike and I’m going to have to be the first to admit it, I did this mod really poorly. So instead of my normal ‘how-to’ post, think of this one as a ‘what not to do’ post. I’ll hopefully get a fixed version up next week.
With that in mind, I’m not going to explain how to do it, but rather show you what I did and explain where I went wrong. Overall, I modded this with the same frame of mind as if it was a Nitefinder and didn’t objectively look at the blaster. My bad.
So, one Firestrike.
Close up on the internals.
Don’t lose this nut.
Plunger tube out.
OK, this is the point where it all started to go wrong. Below is picture of what I should have done by separating the plunger tube front the muzzle. Instead what I did was to attack it from the back with a drill and break it.
These little clips are surprisingly easy to get apart if you twist the plunger tube but really hard if you just try to pry them apart.
Once it’s apart, we can then attack the centre piece which houses the AR. When stock you’ll also have the dart peg extending forward.
Once apart, it was really easy to open this right up with a dremel.
The plunger head has these two small holes in it.
And wrap with teflon tape.
Reinsert the light back in it’s housing.
Then put the shell back together.
Again, don’t follow this. This is not a good way of doing this mod. Check back next week.